Sr. PHP Developer:
This company is looking for a smart developer who is in the Greater Nashville area that wants to work from home 90% of the time. At this time, they are not considering out-of-market candidates. This will be a direct hire. Needs to maintain a first-class, web-based enterprise platform for their franchises. The software developer will both maintain existing features and start new projects. The PHP Developer will enjoy the work-life balance that comes along with working from home with only limited office time required. The company is looking for people that encompass personal responsibility, taking care of business and doing their jobs without tons of meetings and oversight.
There are numerous franchises around the country using custom software to power their business. And, they operate on their own listing site. In addition, they use a couple of native mobile apps. They are tracking with the latest trends in software development using the latest versions of PHP. Expected to participate in weekly status meetings.
– Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
– Well qualified in Object Oriented PHP
– Understanding of MVC, ActiveRecord & FrontController Patterns
– Proficiency in MySQL or PostgreSQL
– Distributed Source Control: Git or Mercurial
– Strong communication skills
– Problem-solving and analytical skills
– Integration concepts (RESTful services, API development, etc.)
– Front-end experience (HTML and CSS)
– Accounting Fundamentals