The Technical Support Specialist Team Lead is responsible for attaining maximum utilization of internal and field resources through daily dispatch of service requests by both monitoring and managing incoming client requests so that they can be dispatched to the appropriate resource.
• Act as the single point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests.
• Coordination of all support groups to ensure maximum utilization of billable resources.
• Pre-process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry, or direct customer input.
• Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests.
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them
of impending changes, and agreed outages.
• IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating
• Support of disaster recovery solutions.
• Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
• Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
• Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond
accordingly through service tickets.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
• Fast turnaround of customer requests.
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Improve usage and increase productivity of support resources.
• Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels.
• Report the utilization of Support resources and successful completion of service requests to the Service
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
• Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
• Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field, preferred but not required.
• 8+ years of relevant IT or related experience